Saturday, April 16, 2005

Who needs smarts anyways

I keep getting nose bleeds. Especially after interesting things happen. First raid in WoW - nose bleed, seeing a band live at the Carter Observatory - nose bleed, a friend comes to visit and brings flowers - nose bleed.

In the last week and a bit I've been doing all sorts of retarded things. Not necessarily the things others would notice, but I notice and it's annoying. Things you realise you're screwing up only a few seconds after the fact.

Normally if I screw up something or don't know how to do something, I know that.
Somehow now I've lost that knowing capacity - my brain and body have gone through a merger and made me a silent partner in this venture. No one tells me anything anymore!

I almost missed my bus stop the other day because I was floating off somewhere into an aerie faerie world. I spelled the word 'from' with an 'e' at the end and was absolutely certain that it was the correct spelling for about a minute. I was presented with a list of two items and I knew I wanted to do the things in the order they were presented, yet, somehow, I replied "Let's do that in reverse order". When asked to confirm, I was like "No! We do the first one first and the latter one last, don't you understand?!" I was pouring water from a larger bottle into a smaller one and then spent a couple minutes afterwards trying to cap the bigger bottle with the smaller lid.

Brain damage, it's a gift that keeps on giving. Order yours today!

No comments: