Monday, April 25, 2005

Whether weather withers.

Saturday evening I saw a massive rainbow. It was mesmerising, going all the way from ground to ground, stretching across the sky, in some places doubling with pieces of another rainbow. I ran upstairs to show Amanda, then stared at it some more. I made a wish. I think for the first time in my life I made a wish that had nothing to do with love or money.

I ran downstairs to get the camera but rainbows are a fleeting phenomenon I guess because the pictures didn't come out all that great.



At three in the morning I woke up from the house acting the role of a battlefield. The hail hit the worst in Christchurch and Karori, it said on the news.

It's been raining all day. Around dinner time I was a whimpering mess because of all the lightning and thunder. Amanda was no comfort - she says she loves thunder and electric storms.

I've been like the weather all weekend. On second thought, I should not have strayed from my wish making traditions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a movie of that rainbow on my phone, it was amazing the way it light up the harbour
I'll show it to you next time I see you..

GC :)

Den said...

Hi, I was just surfing around and found your page!
Very cool,I didn't know you could find all this interesting stuff.
If you are interested, go see my small motorbike related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest.