Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Rollercoaster vs Train

I am sitting in the Number 18 bus at 8.30 on a Tuesday morning. Chemistry lecture isn't too far away now.

As we come to the roundabout where the fate is decided between Number 18 and Number 12 routes, our driver takes the wrong turn. Instead of going through the roundabout again, he carries on the Number 12 route until he comes to a blind corner on the main road. It's at this opportune moment that he decides to make a U-turn in the peak hour traffic. He turns, he backs, we stop.

Rush hour traffic. Main road. Bus blocks the entire passage way by virtue of being stuck half way into a hill. The battery is dead. The bus is firmly embedded in the foliage. People start laughing. It's at this moment that we decide that this is the most amusing thing that has happened in weeks, and are quite stimulated by its happening. The bus driver can't be feeling too good about now. Half of the bus's population departs.

Luckily for us, a truck pulls over with some ropes, and they manage to get the bus out of its comfy picnic area. Poor bus, it really liked the frolicking in the bush.

Surprisingly I still get to the lecture on time. Fun. Aromaticity and Diels Alder cannot be missed.

Five of my friends have recently entered into relationships. I passed all my first trimester papers. I got the work hours I wanted. I've been really enjoying Gilmore Girls. Been at Uni only two days and already it feels like three weeks. Amanda claims to not hate me afterall. I've got a beautiful bunch of tulips in the lounge. The flu seems to be getting better.

So, overall, I guess, everything is on the up and up. It's a rollercoaster. Trains are so much more peaceful.

P.S. girls are soft.

1 comment:

Alan Howard said...

Great to see you posting again!